Ann's Chocolate Chip Carrot Cake Pumpkins
Ingredients1 h 10 m servings 818 cals
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). (If using a countertop induction oven, preheat to 325 degrees F.) Grease 12 pumpkin-shaped cupcake molds (silicon molds work well).
- Sift 2 cups cake flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, and salt together in a bowl. Mix in sugar, oil, and eggs until combined. Stir carrots and pineapple into the batter.
- Place 1 tablespoon cake flour in a bowl. Toss walnuts and chocolate chips in flour until coated; fold into batter.
- Pour batter into cupcake molds to about two-thirds full; gently tap molds onto work surface to remove air bubbles.
- Bake in preheated oven (or countertop induction oven) until a toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes (or 15 to 20 minutes in the countertop induction oven). Cool to room temperature, 15 to 20 minutes; remove from molds.
- Combine butter, cream cheese, and vanilla extract in a bowl; beat with an electric mixer until well blended, 4 to 6 minutes. Mix in confectioners' sugar on low speed, 1/2 cup at a time, until frosting is smooth and spreadable. Add lemon juice and orange food coloring; stir until combined. Refrigerate until set, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Frost cupcakes with the cream cheese frosting; decorate with black decorating gel.
Per Serving: 818 calories; 49.4 g fat; 89.4 g carbohydrates; 7.3 g protein; 103 mg cholesterol; 595 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
Fun, cute and delicious! The only thing I didn't have on hand was the black gel, so I just tinted some of the frosting, and that worked fine. My piping skills are not the best, but they did turn...
This cupcakes are a fun way to add some fruit and vegetables during the Halloween season! I usually avoid food coloring, so next time I will probably puree some cooked sweet potato for the frost...
I made this and it was a huge hit at home. I didn't use the icing because I'm just not an icing person. It was very easy to make and follow. Loved it
These were delicious. I could not bring myself to turn these little gems into pumpkins just yet. So I frosted them minus the food coloring. I loved the lemon flavor of the icing. It really compl...