Carrie's Salmon with Purple Pureed Potatoes and French Green Beans
Ingredients1 h 10 m servings 965
- Mix soy sauce, 1/4 cup vegetable oil, miso paste, brown sugar, white wine, and red pepper flakes together in a bowl to make marinade.
- Place salmon fillets in a shallow dish. Add enough marinade to cover, reserving the remaining marinade. Marinate in the refrigerator, about 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). Lightly oil a cast iron skillet or grill pan and place in the oven while it preheats. (A countertop induction oven can be used in place of the oven. Preheat on the medium-high grill setting.)
- Remove salmon from marinade, reserving the marinade, and place skin-side up on the hot cast iron skillet; cook until bottom of salmon is lightly browned, 2 to 3 minutes. Flip salmon and continue cooking until fish flakes easily with a fork, 8 to 10 minutes more. (For the countertop induction oven, add salmon to grill pan, reserving marinade, and cook, skin-side down, for 1 1/2 minutes. Flip salmon and cook until fish flakes easily with a fork, 2 1/2 to 3 minutes.)
- Pour reserved marinade into a saucepan and heat until boiling; remove from heat.
- Place potatoes in a large pot and cover with salted cold water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain and return potatoes to the pot.
- Heat milk and 2 tablespoons butter together in a saucepan; bring to a simmer. Pour milk mixture over potatoes, a few tablespoons at a time, and mash using a potato masher until potatoes are desired chunkiness.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add green beans and garlic; cook and stir until beans turn bright green and are lightly browned in places, about 5 minutes; stir in 1 teaspoon butter, salt, and pepper.
- Serve mashed potatoes and green beans alongside salmon. Drizzle reserved cooked marinade over the top.
- Cook's Note:
- Substitute Yukon Gold potatoes if purple potatoes are not available.
- Editor's Note:
- Nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of marinade ingredients. The actual amount of marinade consumed will vary.
Per Serving: 965 calories; 57.7 86.4 30 96 1527 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
This was really nice! I made exact to the recipe except for adding more garlic to everything. Beautiful colors on the plate! Will make again.
This meal came out quite well and so colorful! Everything cooked up as written. I hade to keep it gluten free, so I used tamari instead of soy and had to use brown miso instead of white. I also ...
A perfect marinade for salmon. An impressive meal with purple potatoes and green bean. For those that are wondering, purple potatoes taste just like regular potatoes.