Troy's Korean Glazed Chicken Breast with Kimchee Fried Rice
Ingredients38 m servings 824 cals
- Place chicken breasts on a solid, level surface. Pound with a meat tenderizer to an even thickness; season with salt and pepper and toss with 2 tablespoons peanut oil until evenly coated.
- Heat a cast iron or heavy skillet over medium heat. Place chicken in heated skillet and cook until no longer pink in the center, about 4 minutes per side. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C). Brush barbeque sauce on top of chicken. Cover skillet and cook until chicken is glazed, about 1 minute per side. Transfer chicken to a plate and cover with aluminum foil to keep warm.
- (A countertop induction oven can be used in place of the skillet to cook the chicken. Preheat the oven with the grill pan inside on the grill setting. Grill chicken on medium until no longer pink in the center, about 4 minutes per side. Brush barbeque sauce on top of chicken and return to oven; cook until chicken is glazed, about 1 minute per side.)
- Wipe skillet with a paper towel. Heat remaining 2 tablespoons peanut oil over medium heat. Add luncheon meat; cook and stir until browned and crisp, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Heat butter in a separate skillet over medium heat. Add pickled carrot and daikon, kimchee, and rice; cook and stir until heated through, 1 to 2 minutes. Season rice mixture with liquid seasoning and soy sauce; stir in garlic flakes. Cook and stir until rice is crisp in places, 3 to 5 minutes. Add gochujang and luncheon meat to fried rice and mix well.
- Divide fried rice among serving plates. Slice chicken breasts; arrange over rice.
- Mix mayonnaise and Sriracha hot sauce together in a small bowl; spoon over chicken. Sprinkle green onion on top.
- Cook's Notes:
- Use galbi or bulgogi barbeque sauce.
- Substitute chopped pickled daikon radish for the carrot, if desired.
- Substitute 2 tablespoons chopped cooked bacon or ham for the luncheon meat, if desired.
- Substitute Sempio® Yondu seasoning or Knorr® liquid seasoning for the Maggi®, if preferred.
Per Serving: 824 calories; 47.4 g fat; 64.6 g carbohydrates; 33.6 g protein; 97 mg cholesterol; 1884 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
Troy, WOW, this is a wonderful dish packed full of KAPOW flavor! First and foremost, I love the spam. I held a viewing party with both this dish and Jackie's while your show was on, and everyone...
Wow, this was super delicious and flavorful! I did not use the pickled carrot, but I did use everything else. Really great combo of flavors and beautiful to boot...I will def be making this one...
Made this as written except that there was no skin on my chicken boobs and I didn't know what garlic flakes were so I just used powder. This is really good but I highly recommend using low sodiu...