Jackie's Lemongrass Ginger Chile Chicken and Rice
Ingredients58 m servings 432
- Place chicken breasts on a solid, level surface. Pound with a meat tenderizer until 1/2-inch thick.
- Mix 2 tablespoons oyster sauce, 1 tablespoon cooking oil, 1 tablespoon sugar, 2 cloves minced garlic, and lemon grass together in a bowl. Rub marinade over chicken.
- Cook chicken in a cast iron or heavy skillet on stovetop over medium-high heat for 2 minutes. Turn chicken, reduce heat to low, cover skillet with a lid and cook until chicken is no longer pink in the center, 4 to 6 minutes more. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).Transfer chicken to a cutting board and cover with aluminum foil to keep warm.
- (The chicken can also be cooked in a countertop induction oven. Place chicken on the grill pan and cook chicken in the induction oven on the medium-high grill setting for 1 minute. Turn chicken, reduce heat to low, cover chicken with aluminum foil, and cook until chicken is no longer pink in the center, about 4 minutes.)
- Combine 1/4 cup chicken broth, red bell pepper, 2 tablespoons oyster sauce, ginger, 3 cloves garlic, tamarind paste, vinegar, 1 tablespoon sugar, and fish sauce in a food processor; blend into a smooth chile sauce.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Pour in chile sauce; bring to a gentle boil, about 1 minute. Remove skillet from heat and pour sauce into a bowl.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon cooking oil in the skillet over medium-high heat. Add shallot and 2 cloves minced garlic; cook and stir until shallots are wilted and translucent, 3 to 5 minutes. Pour in 1 3/4 cup chicken broth; bring to a boil. Stir in rice, red chile pepper, and white pepper. Reduce heat and cover; cook until most of the broth is absorbed, about 15 minutes.
- Slice cooked chicken and place over rice and cover. Reduce heat to very low and let cook, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Garnish rice and chicken with cucumber, green onion, and cilantro. Pour chile sauce on top.
- Partner tip: Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 432 calories; 10.3 54.4 28.9 67 792 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
I really loved the flavors in the chile-ginger sauce...such a fresh and creative way to prepare chicken breast. The fresh vegetables on the top added a nice crunch too!
My boyfriend and I LOVE this dish! It's so flavorful and delicious, it's been added to our go-to dinner list and we make it probably every month. I don't think the recipe needs any changes, we...
Totally loved it! Picky teenagers loved it too. Imagine that! I omitted the tamarind paste because I don't really prefer that spice. And it came out fantastic without it. The rice was delicious ...
Jackie, this is a FANTASTIC dish! Loved everything about it so I don't even know where to begin. The rice is lovely...the flavor is subtle against your chicken and the sauce, but is definitely ...