Ingredients40 m servings 396
- Mix flour and salt together in a large bowl; push into a mound and make a well in the center. Place egg, water, and olive oil into the well; mix together, slowly incorporating the flour mixture until dough is combined.
- Turn out dough onto a floured work surface; knead until ball forms, 5 to 10 minutes. Divide in half; form into balls. Wrap each dough ball in plastic wrap; rest dough until malleable, about 30 minutes.
- Remove plastic wrap. Roll out dough balls; cut into desired shapes with a knife or pasta roller.
- Cook's Notes:
- The semolina flour makes an incredible difference over all-purpose flour, and shouldn't be substituted.
- The dough can be colored red by using tomato paste instead of water, or green by using sautéed blended spinach.
- This dough is ideally used in a pasta machine, but can be rolled by hand.
Per Serving: 396 calories; 10.1 61 13.7 93 1199 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
I beg to differ with the reviewer that said “Pasta is pasta”. This is the recipe I have been making for years, give or take a tablespoon or two of water, and when not made with Semolina flour, i...
This is five stars for taste but it required far more liquid and time. I started out with the stated 2 tbs of water but the dough would not come together so I kept adding more, one tbs at a tim...
Pasta is pasta. I did add just a little more water. Other then that good recipe