Basic Egg Pasta
"Basic egg pasta ready to roll, extrude, or shape into whatever type of noodle you desire. This dough can be mixed by hand or with a stand mixer. Like any flour recipe, the amount of flour required isn't a given. It will change depending on the size of your eggs and the humidity of your region."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 15 m servings 73
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Pile flour onto a work surface and make a small well in the center; place eggs, egg yolks, olive oil, and salt into the well. Gently stir the egg mixture with a fork, gradually drawing in flour until dough comes together.
- Knead dough with hands until smooth and leathery, about 10 minutes.
- Wrap dough in plastic wrap; let rest until malleable, 1 to 2 hours. Remove plastic wrap.
- Cut dough into four pieces; roll out with a rolling pin. Run flattened pieces through a pasta roller to create desired noodle shape.
- Cook's Notes:
- Based on the commercial flours available in my region, all-purpose flour will work too, but the resulting noodle won't be quite as supple.
- Add up to 2 more egg yolks if dough does not clump together in step 1. The dough needs to be a little drier when you're extruding it and a little more moist if you're going to roll it.
- If using a stand mixer: 1. Place flour, eggs, egg yolks, olive oil, and salt in the bowl; mix with the beater paddle on low until combined, 1 to 2 minutes. 2. Switch to the dough hook mixer attachment; mix until dough pulls together, 4 to 5 minutes. Remove bowl from the stand; cover with plastic wrap and proceed with step 3.
Per Serving: 73 calories; 5.9 0.5 4.5 195 78 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1