Banana Chocolate Chip Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting
Ingredients1 h 15 m servings 332
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a muffin tin with paper liners.
- Whisk flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt together in a bowl.
- Combine white sugar, brown sugar, and 1/4 cup butter in another bowl; beat with an electric mixer until creamy. Beat in egg. Mix in mashed bananas. Add flour mixture in 3 batches, alternating with buttermilk, stirring after each addition. Fold chocolate chips into the batter.
- Spoon batter into the prepared muffin tin.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 20 minutes. Cool cupcakes on a wire rack, about 30 minutes.
- Beat cream cheese and 3 tablespoons butter in a bowl until smooth. Add vanilla extract. Beat in confectioners' sugar, 1 cup at a time, until frosting is smooth.
- Spread frosting over cupcakes.
- Cook's Note:
- I love putting chocolate chips in my banana bread, but if you want to eliminate them or substitute nuts or something, all the better. I also like to decorate them with a cute chocolate chip on top.
Per Serving: 332 calories; 12 55.3 3.2 41 134 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 15
I was looking for a cupcake recipe that’s not like the typical super sweet sugar bomb. I followed the recipe exactly and they came out great. The half cup of chocolate chips was just right, ad...
Made these for my daughter's 8th birthday. They turned out really well. I always get a little OCD when quantities for bananas are given as just 'pieces', as the size of the fruit really does a...
These were absolutely delicious! I didn't make this recipe for icing, I used Real Strawberry Frosting (from AR). I didn't have buttermilk on hand, so I substituted milk & sour cream. Will defini...
I'm always looking for ways to use up over-ripe bananas that is NOT banana bread. I love banana bread, but that is what I usually make when I have bananas that are past their prime . . . and let...
Super moist and delicious! The cream cheese frosting just takes this over the top...the whole family loved them. This is a definite keeper~YUM! Thanks for sharing. :)
I loved this recipe! It was delicious and a big hit at my party! The only thing I did differently was that I added 2 pinches of cinnamon and a teaspoon of vanilla. That made it twice as good!
This was a hit at my work! Everyone loved the fact that there are real bananas in each bite. I adjusted the recipe to be half chocolate chips and half Reeses Pieces peanut butter chips and it wa...
Great recipe though a bit too sweet for my taste. Others loved them as is, and I prefer them without frosting. Would bake again; especially if I have overly ripe bananas on hand!