Banana Chocolate Chip Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting
Ingredients1 h 15 m servings 332
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a muffin tin with paper liners.
- Whisk flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt together in a bowl.
- Combine white sugar, brown sugar, and 1/4 cup butter in another bowl; beat with an electric mixer until creamy. Beat in egg. Mix in mashed bananas. Add flour mixture in 3 batches, alternating with buttermilk, stirring after each addition. Fold chocolate chips into the batter.
- Spoon batter into the prepared muffin tin.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 20 minutes. Cool cupcakes on a wire rack, about 30 minutes.
- Beat cream cheese and 3 tablespoons butter in a bowl until smooth. Add vanilla extract. Beat in confectioners' sugar, 1 cup at a time, until frosting is smooth.
- Spread frosting over cupcakes.
- Cook's Note:
- I love putting chocolate chips in my banana bread, but if you want to eliminate them or substitute nuts or something, all the better. I also like to decorate them with a cute chocolate chip on top.
Per Serving: 332 calories; 12 55.3 3.2 41 134 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 11
Made these for my daughter's 8th birthday. They turned out really well. I always get a little OCD when quantities for bananas are given as just 'pieces', as the size of the fruit really does a...
These were absolutely delicious! I didn't make this recipe for icing, I used Real Strawberry Frosting (from AR). I didn't have buttermilk on hand, so I substituted milk & sour cream. Will defini...
I was looking for a cupcake recipe that’s not like the typical super sweet sugar bomb. I followed the recipe exactly and they came out great. The half cup of chocolate chips was just right, ad...
I'm always looking for ways to use up over-ripe bananas that is NOT banana bread. I love banana bread, but that is what I usually make when I have bananas that are past their prime . . . and let...
Super moist and delicious! The cream cheese frosting just takes this over the top...the whole family loved them. This is a definite keeper~YUM! Thanks for sharing. :)
This was a hit at my work! Everyone loved the fact that there are real bananas in each bite. I adjusted the recipe to be half chocolate chips and half Reeses Pieces peanut butter chips and it wa...
Great recipe though a bit too sweet for my taste. Others loved them as is, and I prefer them without frosting. Would bake again; especially if I have overly ripe bananas on hand!
Very nice little cupcakes, and a thumbs up from the family for my daughter's birthday cupcakes. I did not use the cream cheese recipe; instead, I used the Easy Cream Cheese Frosting from here. ...