Jan's Copycat Version of Pizza Hut®'s Stuffed Crust Pizza
made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 35 m servings 190 cals
Original recipe yields 24 servings (2 16-inch pizzas)
- Combine 4 cups bread flour, beer, water, shortening, yeast, brown sugar, salt, garlic powder, and onion powder in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a dough hook attachment. Mix, adding remaining flour a little at a time, until dough pulls away from the sides of the bowl and forms into a ball, about 2 minutes.
- Lightly grease a large bowl with 1 teaspoon olive oil. Add dough. Cover with a clean towel and let rise until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- Grease 2 pizza pans with remaining 2 teaspoons olive oil; dust with cornmeal.
- Punch dough down gently and divide into 2 portions. Place dough on the prepared pans. Cover and let rest, about 5 minutes. Stretch dough out 1 inch past the edge of the pans.
- Arrange 8 sticks of cheese, ends touching, around the edge of 1 pan. Fold overhang over cheese and press dough to seal. Repeat with second pan.
- Cook's Notes:
- Substitute olive oil for the shortening if desired.
- Substitute 2 cups shredded cheese for the string cheese if desired.
- If dough shrinks back when you try to stretch it in step 4, cover and let rest for 5 more minutes before trying again.
- Bake pizzas at 400 degrees F (200 degrees C) until center is set and crust is crispy, about 30 minutes.
Per Serving: 190 calories; 6.7 g fat; 23 g carbohydrates; 8.5 g protein; 14 mg cholesterol; 358 mg sodium. Full nutrition