Insalata di Riso (Italian Rice Salad)
"Traditional cold rice salad is considered fast food in Italy, used for picnics and lunches on the go. Great for hot days when you don't want to heat up the kitchen. Add a few drops of your favorite hot pepper sauce for a dash of spice if you like. Many Italians add a few tablespoons of mayonnaise at the end."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 14 m servings 625
Original recipe yields 4 servings (4 main-dish servings )
- Combine water, rice, carrot, peas, and salt in a saucepan. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until rice is tender but still firm to the bite, about 14 minutes. Drain excess water; let cool, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Mix prosciutto cotto, Swiss cheese, button mushrooms, corn, green olives, black olives, pickle, artichoke hearts, olive oil, thyme, and oregano together in a large bowl. Stir in cooled rice mixture. Fold tuna into the salad.
- Divide salad among 4 serving plates; garnish with hard-boiled eggs. Chill before serving, at least 30 minutes.
- Cook's Notes:
- Use fresh peas if preferred.
- Substitute mortadella for the prosciutto cotto if desired.
Per Serving: 625 calories; 26.5 65.7 29.7 255 1266 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1