Insalata di Riso (Italian Rice Salad)
Ingredients1 h 14 m servings 625
- Combine water, rice, carrot, peas, and salt in a saucepan. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until rice is tender but still firm to the bite, about 14 minutes. Drain excess water; let cool, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Mix prosciutto cotto, Swiss cheese, button mushrooms, corn, green olives, black olives, pickle, artichoke hearts, olive oil, thyme, and oregano together in a large bowl. Stir in cooled rice mixture. Fold tuna into the salad.
- Divide salad among 4 serving plates; garnish with hard-boiled eggs. Chill before serving, at least 30 minutes.
- Cook's Notes:
- Use fresh peas if preferred.
- Substitute mortadella for the prosciutto cotto if desired.
Per Serving: 625 calories; 26.5 65.7 29.7 255 1266 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
This makes a great summer lunch, dinner or picnic salad. The recipe as written is a great launching recipe - add anything you want or delete anything you don't want. You can make it vegetari...
The Insalata di Riso was loaded with good ingredients. I made this unique cold dish for a late afternoon lunch. It could have used a bit more zing, though. I wish I had added the miracle whi...