Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients6 h 20 m servings 184 cals
Original recipe yields 8 servings (2 pints)
- Trim ends of eggplant; peel, leaving stripes of skin intact. Cut eggplant in half lengthwise and slice crosswise into 1/4-inch slices. Transfer to a large bowl. Add sliced zucchini to bowl. Toss eggplant and zucchini with 2 tablespoons kosher salt and let sit until water begins to release, about 15 minutes.
- Whisk olive oil, garlic, chili flakes, and dried oregano together in a bowl.
- Rinse salt from veggies in a colander with fresh water. Set aside to drain well.
- Place vinegar and water into a saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat. Place drained vegetables into pan. Cook covered until softened and translucent, about 5 minutes, turning after the first minute. Remove from heat; transfer to a strainer reserving the cooking liquid.
- Place cooked eggplant and zucchini into large bowl. Add chopped roasted peppers, 1/4 cup of the vinegar cooking liquid, freshly chopped Italian parsley and fresh oregano. Pour in garlic oil mixture. Stir gently but thoroughly with a spatula. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 6 hours.
- Before serving, drizzle vegetable oil over the mixture.
Per Serving: 184 calories; 17.2 g fat; 7.5 g carbohydrates; 1.6 g protein; 0 mg cholesterol; 1501 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
Great combination texturally with toasted crusty bread. Tasty spicy flavor that mesh together overnight. It is well worth your effort gathering these ingredients and take these several preparati...