Ingredients6 h 20 m servings 184
- Trim ends of eggplant; peel, leaving stripes of skin intact. Cut eggplant in half lengthwise and slice crosswise into 1/4-inch slices. Transfer to a large bowl. Add sliced zucchini to bowl. Toss eggplant and zucchini with 2 tablespoons kosher salt and let sit until water begins to release, about 15 minutes.
- Whisk olive oil, garlic, chili flakes, and dried oregano together in a bowl.
- Rinse salt from veggies in a colander with fresh water. Set aside to drain well.
- Place vinegar and water into a saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat. Place drained vegetables into pan. Cook covered until softened and translucent, about 5 minutes, turning after the first minute. Remove from heat; transfer to a strainer reserving the cooking liquid.
- Place cooked eggplant and zucchini into large bowl. Add chopped roasted peppers, 1/4 cup of the vinegar cooking liquid, freshly chopped Italian parsley and fresh oregano. Pour in garlic oil mixture. Stir gently but thoroughly with a spatula. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 6 hours.
- Before serving, drizzle vegetable oil over the mixture.
Per Serving: 184 calories; 17.2 7.5 1.6 0 1501 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
Great combination texturally with toasted crusty bread. Tasty spicy flavor that mesh together overnight. It is well worth your effort gathering these ingredients and take these several preparati...
This is definitely worth all the steps and makes a large quantity which would be good for a party. I used roasted red peppers since I had a jar. My advice would be to make sure you cut the eggpl...