Chef John's Grilled Bacon Meatloaf Burgers
Ingredients3 h 20 m servings 520 cals
- Whisk egg, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, salt, brown sugar, onion powder, garlic powder, thyme, and cayenne pepper together in a bowl. Add breadcrumbs and chopped cooked bacon. Crumble in the ground beef. Mix with your fingers until bacon and breadcrumbs are distributed evenly.
- Form mixture into 4 burgers with your wet hands. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until chilled thoroughly, about 3 hours.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Place burgers on the grate and cook, turing occasionally, until firm and cooked to your desired doneness. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read between 145 and 150 degrees F (63 degrees C). Let burgers rest for a few minutes before serving.
- Cook's Note:
- You can also pan fry these burgers to get a nice even crust.
Per Serving: 520 calories; 37.7 g fat; 8.9 g carbohydrates; 33.9 g protein; 165 mg cholesterol; 1389 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
Love meatloaf and this looks awesome. Been trying to find a way to grill meatloaf. Thanks John!
Way less salt and pepper, no cayenne Italian breadcrumbs, (I had no dried thyme) No bacon, simply as we'd had bacon for breakfast same day Pan fried. Moist, tasty, and different. Will make aga...
Also used jalapeno ketchup for extra heat.....guess I will have to try again because it was just a pretty ordinary burger to me.