Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 15 m servings 455
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until crispy, about 5 minutes. Drain on a paper towel, reserving 1 tablespoon grease in the skillet. Add onion and garlic to the skillet; cook and stir until onion are translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Combine chicken broth and chicken breasts in a large pot; bring to a boil. Cook until chicken breasts are no longer pink in the center, about 15 minutes. Remove chicken breasts from broth; cool until easily handled.
- Stir bacon, onion, garlic, diced tomatoes and green chile peppers, and tomato sauce into the chicken broth. Add corn, chipotle peppers, salt, pepper, cumin, and cilantro.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Place tortilla strips on a baking sheet.
- Tear chicken breasts into small strips; add to the broth mixture. Cook and stir until soup flavors combine, about 20 minutes.
- Bake tortilla strips in the preheated oven until slightly crisp, about 5 minutes.
- Ladle soup into serving bowls. Top with sour cream; garnish with tortilla strips and Cheddar cheese.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- If you want your soup mild, make sure to seed the chipotle peppers before adding them to the soup.
Per Serving: 455 calories; 26.2 31.4 25.2 70 2740 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1