Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h servings 562 cals
Original recipe yields 10 servings
- Heat vegetable oil in a large stock pot over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; cook and stir until brown and tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in 2 cans of chicken broth and canned tomatoes. Add fresh tomatoes.
- Mix Anaheim chile peppers, jalapeno pepper, cumin, chili powder, and pepper into the pot. Stir in chicken. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium and simmer soup until flavors combine, about 20 minutes.
- Ladle soup into serving bowls; twist 1 lime wedge into each bowl. Top with corn chips, sour cream, Cheddar cheese, avocado slices, and cilantro.
- Cook's Notes:
- Mexican cheese blend can be substituted for the Cheddar cheese.
- Tortilla strips (such as Mission®) can be substituted for the corn chips if desired.
Per Serving: 562 calories; 35.5 g fat; 28.3 g carbohydrates; 33.3 g protein; 110 mg cholesterol; 1075 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2