Ingredients4 h 23 m servings 274
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Add onion and garlic; cook and stir until onion is translucent, about 5 minutes. Add ground beef; cook and stir until browned, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Transfer beef mixture to a 6-quart slow cooker. Stir in kidney beans, diced tomatoes, tomato puree, water, green chile peppers, chili powder, salt, cumin, and black pepper.
- Cook on Low until flavors combine, 4 to 6 hours.
- Cook's Notes:
- I usually use a combination of beans like kidney and black or kidney and garbanzo. I usually use dried beans and cook them in my pressure cooker.
- If you can't find puree, just use tomato paste and add water to it to get a puree consistency.
Per Serving: 274 calories; 13.3 19.6 18.8 46 959 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 11
Homemade Chili Haiku: "Not sure it's 'homemade' when ingredients are canned. But dang, is it good!" I halved the recipe for 2 adults and 2 kiddos, using a can of Rotel and one 15 oz. can of toma...
This was AMAZING! cooked on low for 4.5 hours in a 5 quart crockpot. Added a little extra cumin and chili powder. Had 2.3 lbs of ground beef. Also used one can kidney beans and 1 can cannelini b...
I was looking for a healthy chili and came across this one. I used extra lean beef, mixed beans instead of just kidney, I added an extra tbsp of chill powder and tsp of cayenne to spice it up a ...
I cut recipe in half for smaller group. Was easy and extremely good.
I used shallots instead of onions. Also added a few tbsps of Tabasco, and white beans, in addition to the red beans. Served it with Mexican blended shredded cheese, cast iron skillet cornbread ...