Ingredients32 m servings 149 cals
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Spray a 8-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- Mix cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and xanthan gum together in a bowl. Cut in butter with 2 knives until reduced to pea-sized pieces.
- Whisk milk and egg together in a bowl; stir into the cornmeal mixture until just combined. Pour batter into prepared baking pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until top is light brown, about 22 minutes.
- Cook's Notes:
- If desired, 1/4 cup egg substitute can be used instead of the egg.
- A 9-inch baking pan can be substituted for the 8-inch.
Per Serving: 149 calories; 5.2 g fat; 23.9 g carbohydrates; 3.2 g protein; 25 mg cholesterol; 361 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 8
For the record, I hate cornbread. My review is strictly based on appearance and my husband's feedback. For whatever reason I honestly expected this to turn out dense as dense can be. Wrong! This...
This was great, light, fluffy. I used GF 1:1 baking flour by Bob's Red Mill. as the GF flour. It has xanthan gum already in it.
I am gluten and dairy free and I substituted the milk with almond milk and had meant to sub coconut oil with the butter but forgot it all together. I also didn't have xanthan gum so I simmered 2...
I made this recipe using GF corn meal, corn flour, and cut the sugar to 1/4 cup and in place of butter, I used sunflower oil. It came out nice. I think I would prefer to use this on top of my ...
Simple, easy ingredients, which is harder to find when baking gluten-free. I will make it again!