Ingredients35 m servings 248
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease an 8-inch square pan.
- Mix cornmeal, sugar, flour, and baking powder together in a bowl.
- Whisk milk, butter, and egg together in another bowl. Stir into cornmeal mixture just until combined and some lumps remain. Fold in corn. Pour batter into the pan and smooth out the top.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Cook's Notes:
- Substitute 1 can whole-kernel corn for the creamed corn if desired.
- If using unsalted butter, add 3/4 teaspoon salt.
Per Serving: 248 calories; 8 42.1 4.7 41 422 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 10
Turned out really well!! Only change made was that I made my own Gluten free creamed corn, because canned creamed corn is not gluten free!!
This cornbread is so easy and sooooo good. I only made a few changes due to dietary restrictions. I used brown sugar Splenda in place of the sugar and I didn't have the creamed corn so I made mi...
I used unsweetened almond milk and brown rice flour in place of gluten free flour and omitted the creamed corn. I also used only 3 T. of unrefined coconut sugar and added 1/4 t. of xanthan gum...
I used substitution for white sugar and baking powder with honey and vanilla yogurt with baking soda. Turned out really well. Reduced the temperature down to 375 and it needed about 5 minutes ex...
Having a gluten allergy can definitely be hard but when you find great recipes it can make it a lot easier. This recipe was yummy, dense, and filling (like cornbread should be). I would defin...
Used yellow cornmeal, BRM 1-to-1 GF flour, and only 1/2 the sugar. Drizzled with a little honey. Loved it! Will make again!
This recipe is a keeper. I made it to serve with chili, and everyone loved it. The reason for only 4 stars is that it took an extra 10 minutes to bake.