Ingredients45 m servings 319 cals
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Melt butter in a 9-inch cast iron skillet over medium heat. Stir in brown sugar; heat until bubbly. Remove from heat. Arrange pineapple rings and pecans on top.
- Sift flour, baking powder, and salt together in a bowl; repeat sifting twice more.
- Beat white sugar and eggs together in a bowl with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Alternate folding flour mixture and pineapple juice into the egg mixture in 3 batches, beginning and ending with the flour mixture. Pour over pineapple slices.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 30 to 35 minutes. Let cool in the skillet for 5 minutes. Invert carefully onto a serving platter.
Per Serving: 319 calories; 10.2 g fat; 55.1 g carbohydrates; 3.4 g protein; 67 mg cholesterol; 215 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 7
It's been so long since I've eaten pineapple upside down cake that I don't quite remember how it tastes, but this seems a bit too spongy in texture for me. Incredibly easy, but bland as well. I ...
My husband's favorite cake! This was so light and it didn't make me feel too full. It was perfect for something sweet after dinner. Great with a cup of coffee, or tall glass of ice cold milk. I ...
I teach English classes in Guatemala, and students asked to make a cake. Because we have access to fresh, local and sweet pineapple, we tried this, mainly because it doesn't take a boxed cake m...
this is the first time I have filled with a cast iron skillet and I am pretty happy with the results.