Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients8 h servings 373
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add sausage; cook and stir until browned, about 10 minutes. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towels using a slotted spoon.
- Heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil in the skillet. Add flour; cook, whisking constantly, until dark brown, 8 to 10 minutes. Add chicken, onion, green bell pepper, celery, jalapeno peppers, and paprika; cook and stir until onion softens, 7 to 8 minutes.
- Pour chicken mixture into a slow cooker. Stir in cooked sausage, okra, chicken broth, and white wine.
- Cover and cook on Low until flavors combine, 7 to 8 hours. Serve over rice.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Substitute serrano peppers for the jalapeno if desired. Jalapeno and serrano peppers can sting and irritate skin, so wear rubber gloves when handling them and avoid touching your eyes.
- Substitute frozen okra for the fresh if desired.
- You can also cook this on High for 4 to 6 hours.
Per Serving: 373 calories; 18.1 25.2 22.5 55 526 Full nutrition