Rick's Best Chicken Parmesan
Ingredients25 m servings 304 cals
- Place chicken breasts between 2 sheets of heavy plastic on a solid, level surface. Firmly pound with the smooth side of a meat mallet to 1/2-inch thickness.
- Combine flour, crackers, 1 1/2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, salt, and pepper in a resealable plastic bag.
- Beat eggs in a shallow bowl. Dip chicken breasts into eggs to coat; place in flour mixture and seal bag. Toss chicken in the flour mixture until well covered.
- Heat oil in a skillet over high heat. Add chicken breasts; cook until underside is browned and crispy, 4 to 5 minutes. Flip; sprinkle 1 teaspoon Parmesan cheese over each chicken breast. Spoon hot oil over cheese until melted. Drain on paper towels for 2 to 3 minutes before serving.
- Editor's Note:
- We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. Amount will vary depending on cooking time and temperature, ingredient density, and specific type of oil used.
Per Serving: 304 calories; 9.6 g fat; 19.4 g carbohydrates; 32.8 g protein; 165 mg cholesterol; 553 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
Great, would not change the recipe. Fried 4 min. flipped and fried 3 min. Very moist!!!
Only thing I added was the flour suggestion from another review. The chicken was wonderful. It was crisp and flavorful. I will definitely use this recipe again! Thank you!
I used regular cheese flavored crackers, and although it was fantastic, I will be experimenting with other flavor crackers next time. I served it over garden rotini with marinara sauce but any p...