Ingredients6 h 58 m servings 375
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add flour; cook and stir until a golden brown paste forms, about 10 minutes.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add sausage; cook and stir until golden brown, 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer to a slow cooker.
- Place chicken thighs in the same skillet; cook and stir until no longer pink, about 5 minutes. Transfer chicken thighs to the slow cooker.
- Stir diced tomatoes, onion, yellow bell pepper, celery, jalapeno pepper, and minced garlic into the slow cooker. Add flour paste, garlic powder, paprika, onion powder, pepper, and oregano. Stir in chicken broth.
- Cook on Low until flavors combine, 6 to 8 hours.
- Cook's Notes:
- Substitute canola oil for the vegetable oil if desired.
- Substitute a green or red bell pepper for the yellow one if desired.
Per Serving: 375 calories; 27.7 10.9 19.4 60 914 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
I made this dish tonight and turned out so good. My husband could not get enough of it. My step son who doesn't like a lot of veggies in this dish loved it. I followed the recipe exactly the way...
Slow Cooked Chicken & Sausage Gumbo Haiku: "Celery still crunchy. And roux more than ten minutes. But yum! We loved this." Full disclosure: I followed the recipe except I used a can of Kirkland ...