Ingredients6 h 58 m servings 375
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add flour; cook and stir until a golden brown paste forms, about 10 minutes.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add sausage; cook and stir until golden brown, 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer to a slow cooker.
- Place chicken thighs in the same skillet; cook and stir until no longer pink, about 5 minutes. Transfer chicken thighs to the slow cooker.
- Stir diced tomatoes, onion, yellow bell pepper, celery, jalapeno pepper, and minced garlic into the slow cooker. Add flour paste, garlic powder, paprika, onion powder, pepper, and oregano. Stir in chicken broth.
- Cook on Low until flavors combine, 6 to 8 hours.
- Cook's Notes:
- Substitute canola oil for the vegetable oil if desired.
- Substitute a green or red bell pepper for the yellow one if desired.
Per Serving: 375 calories; 27.7 10.9 19.4 60 914 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 8
I made this dish tonight and turned out so good. My husband could not get enough of it. My step son who doesn't like a lot of veggies in this dish loved it. I followed the recipe exactly the way...
Really excellent! Once everything was chopped, this came together very quickly. Was out of time to do the Crock-Pot version so just simmered it on the stove for an hour. Didn't have a jalapeno s...
Not bad. Definitely not like from back home in Louisiana, but still good in it's on right. Double up on the chicken though and shred it instead of cutting it up.
Slow Cooked Chicken & Sausage Gumbo Haiku: "Celery still crunchy. And roux more than ten minutes. But yum! We loved this." Full disclosure: I followed the recipe except I used a can of Kirkland ...
I used breasts instead of thighs, spicy sausage and shrimp. It turned out perfect!! I will definitely continue to use this recipe.
Omgoodness! This is so good. I followed the exact recipe but added a serranto along with jalapeño and everyone loved it. I will definitely make it again.
This was fantastic! I made it last week and my family raved. They told me so many times about how great it was that it got embarrassing! Today I'm making it again and planning on putting it ...