Ingredients23 m servings 61 cals
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Spray 2 mini muffin tins with cooking spray.
- Mix milk and vinegar together in a bowl; let stand until milk curdles, about 5 minutes. Beat in oil and egg.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a bowl; stir into milk mixture until smooth. Spoon batter into the prepared muffin tins with a tablespoon or a small batter scoop.
- Bake in the preheated oven until batter is risen and still pale, about 8 minutes. Remove from muffin cups with a silicone scraper.
- Cook's Notes:
- Buttermilk can be substituted for the milk and vinegar if desired.
- These baked in 8 to 9 minutes in one of my ovens but took only 7 to 8 minutes in the other one, so just watch them.
Per Serving: 61 calories; 2.8 g fat; 7.7 g carbohydrates; 1.4 g protein; 9 mg cholesterol; 105 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
I just made these and my kids are already planning for the next batch! I'm not an adventurous cook so I did the buttermilk substitution (1 1/4 cup) and, since I used a regular sized muffin tin, ...
As poppers, they didn't turn out well (They didn't rise). Maybe because I put a baking sheet under the mini muffin pans. I had so much batter left over, I made pancakes. They turned out excellen...
This was a total bust it doesn't taste good and has the consistency of scrambled eggs
I used butter milk and thought these were really delicious. When I make them again I think I’d add meat or fruit.