Paleo Blueberry Cast Iron Pancake
Cindy Anschutz Barbieri
"It's almost the end of the season for us at the lake, and with us moving to Florida, I really want to clean out the refrigerator. I will be using up what I have over the next few weeks, and this morning I found 2 bags of frozen blueberries. I normally use them for my smoothies, and this morning I wanted pancakes. I love pancakes but don't always want to stand over the stove flipping them. This morning, I decided to make one in my cast iron skillet and OMG I was in paleo heaven! I did drizzle local maple syrup, and now I am a happy person ready to start my day. Another one-pot recipe perfected. Enjoy with your favorite toppings and more fruit!"
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients33 m servings 349
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Place butter in a cast iron skillet. Place skillet in the preheating oven until butter melts, about 5 minutes.
- Combine eggs and milk in a bowl; whisk until combined. Whisk in tapioca flour, coconut flour, lemon juice, lemon zest, and sea salt until combined. Fold blueberries into the batter.
- Remove skillet from oven using a pot holder or kitchen towel. Spread melted butter with a pastry brush to coat skillet evenly; pour in batter.
- Bake in the preheated oven until middle is firm and top is golden brown, 18 to 20 minutes. Slice and drizzle with maple syrup.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Coconut oil can be substituted for the unsalted butter if desired.
- Either fresh or frozen blueberries can be used.
Per Serving: 349 calories; 19.4 31.7 13.3 395 403 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
My husband and I loved this! I added two tbsp. Almond flour to make it less eggy.
trying as written but using AP flour. Probably should have used more but such is life.