Ingredients36 m servings 330
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add vermicelli; cook, stirring constantly, until golden brown, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Pour in rice and salt; stir until coated with oil.
- Reduce heat to low. Cook the rice mixture, stirring constantly, until rice turns pasty white, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Bring water to a boil in a saucepan.
- Stir water into the rice mixture. Cover; cook until most of the water is absorbed, 10 to 15 minutes. Turn off heat; let sit until remaining water is absorbed, about 5 minutes. Fluff rice with a fork.
- Cook's Note:
- Most often, Egyptian rice is cooked with very short vermicelli pasta. If you don't have short vermicelli pasta available, you can break regular long vermicelli into about 1/2-inch pieces.
Per Serving: 330 calories; 7.3 59.1 5.5 0 57 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
I have trying to make our Egyptian rice to come out fluffy like the (super easy to make) Basmati Rice for weeks with no luck until I followed your method exactly and it finally worked. Will def...
While I'm sure it is not the authentic way of doing it, I made the decision to use homemade chicken stock instead of water. The vermicilli burns quick so keep a close eye on it. This is universa...