Spicy Yellow Squash Fig Chutnish
made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients25 m servings 36 cals
Original recipe yields 14 servings
- Combine onions, squash, bell pepper, habanero pepper, fig, and garlic in a food processor; pulse until minced.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add onion mixture; cook and stir until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Stir apple cider vinegar, balsamic vinegar, honey, pickling spice, and salt into the onion mixture. Cook and stir, adding water as needed, until desired consistency is reached and chutney it warmed through, about 5 minutes.
- Cook's Notes:
- You can grind whole pickling spice in a spice grinder if needed.
- Any variety of summer squash can be substituted for the yellow squash.
- If you don't have any figs, you can use a good quality fig jam and omit the honey.
Per Serving: 36 calories; 1.3 g fat; 5.9 g carbohydrates; 0.6 g protein; 3 mg cholesterol; 22 mg sodium. Full nutrition