CSA Phad Thai
3 made it | 0 reviews |
"My favorite answer to using the beets from our weekly vegetable delivery. I have used both a spiralizer (Paderno® brand) and an ordinary shredder. I have been creative and used leftover chicken, added sautéed kale, garlic-roasted broccoli, and any other number of vegetables I had on hand. Other delightful garnishes are chopped peanuts, shredded purple cabbage, shredded carrot, and/or bean sprouts. This is a flexible recipe that will welcome what you have on hand."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 48 m servings 507
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Wrap beets loosely with aluminum foil and place on a baking sheet.
- Roast in the preheated oven until tender, 45 to 60 minutes. Cool until easily handled, about 10 minutes. Peel off skin and shred beets.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Remove from heat; add rice noodles. Let stand, stirring occasionally, until softened, 8 to 10 minutes. Drain.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a wok or large skillet over medium heat. Add eggs; cook and stir until scrambled, 3 to 5 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl. Add shrimp; cook and stir until opaque, 2 to 3 minutes. Pour over eggs in the bowl.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in the wok over high heat. Add cabbage and onion; saute until crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Transfer to the bowl. Add remaining 2 tablespoons oil, ginger, and garlic; cook and stir until fragrant, about 1 minute. Stir in rice vinegar, peanut butter, tamarind sauce, and tamari sauce.
- Stir beets, noodles, scrambled eggs, shrimp, cabbage, and onion into the wok; toss carefully until heated through, 1 to 2 minutes. Transfer to a large serving bowl. Garnish with cilantro, chives, and lime wedges.
Per Serving: 507 calories; 20.1 60.6 21.4 208 669 Full nutrition