Simple Meatballs with Zoodles
"Meatballs are one of those foods that really remind me of childhood. Spaghetti and meatballs are definitely one of those 'comfort foods.' Try this simple recipe for your next family dinner or make 1/2 the batch and save the leftovers if you are eating solo. Pour your meatballs and sauce over spiralized zucchini noodles for an ideal paleo meal."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients45 m servings 297
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Combine ground beef, onion, garlic salt, salt, and pepper in a bowl; mix well. Shape into 1 1/2-inch balls. Arrange meatballs in a glass baking pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until meatballs are browned, about 20 minutes.
- Cut zucchini into noodle shapes with a spiralizer.
- Heat tomato sauce in a saucepan over medium heat; add meatballs. Reduce heat to low. Cook, covered, until sauce and meatballs are evenly warmed, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat; keep covered.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add zucchini, salt, and pepper; cook and stir until tender but firm to the bite, about 5 minutes. Transfer zucchini to a serving plate; top with tomato sauce and meatballs.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- I use grass-fed beef.
- Substitute pasta sauce for the tomato sauce if desired.
Per Serving: 297 calories; 20.2 9.2 20.6 68 1325 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3