Spicy Garlic-Cheese Puffs
Ingredients34 m servings 233 cals
- Heat oven to 400F.
- Beat egg yolk, mustard and water until blended; stir in garlic. Roll pastry sheet into 14x10-inch rectangle on lightly floured surface; cut lengthwise in half. Brush lightly with some of the egg mixture.
- Sprinkle 1 pastry piece with 3 Tbsp. cheese. Cover with remaining pastry piece, egg side down. Roll gently with rolling pin to seal; brush with half the remaining egg mixture. Starting at one long side, roll up tightly; cut crosswise into 24 slices.
- Place, cut sides down, 2 inches apart on baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray; flatten slightly. Brush with remaining egg mixture; sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake 12 to 14 min. or until golden brown. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Make Ahead:
- These crisp appetizers can be prepped ahead of time. Prepare recipe as directed except for baking. Place slices in single layer on baking sheet; freeze until firm. Layer between sheets of waxed paper in airtight container; freeze up to 3 weeks. When ready to serve, place on prepared baking sheet. Bake in 400ºF oven 15 to 20 min. or until golden brown. (No need to thaw first.)
Per Serving: 233 calories; 16 g fat; 18.7 g carbohydrates; 3.4 g protein; 34 mg cholesterol; 143 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
I used whole egg, not just the yolk, not to waste egg white. Was worried that garlic on top would burn and taste bitter, but it was perfect. They are fast to make and taste yummy, photo was with...
These were tasty. My store didn't carry the habanero shredded cheese. So I bough a brick of Cracker Barrel sharp and shredded it. I made these ahead of time and froze them. I'll make again with ...