Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients32 m servings 820
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add ground beef; cook and stir until browned, 5 to 10 minutes. Stir in black beans and red bell pepper; cook until heated through, about 5 minutes.
- Cut four 13x13-inch pieces of aluminum foil.
- Place 1 tortilla on each piece of aluminum foil. Spoon beef mixture in a line down the center of each tortilla. Divide cheese evenly among tortillas. Fold opposing edges of each tortilla to overlap the filling. Roll up in the shape of a burrito, sealing ends.
- Rinse and dry 4 half-gallon wax-lined milk cartons. Cut several 1-inch diamond-shaped vents into 2 corners of each milk carton, near the bottom. Place a wrapped burrito inside each carton.
- Place milk cartons in a safe cooking area outdoors. Light each on fire at one of the vents; cook until cartons burn down, about 2 minutes. Gently unwrap burritos with heatproof gloves.
- Cook's Notes:
- Substitute corn tortillas for the flour tortillas if desired. Customize fillings to your taste.
- Use a blend of mozzarella cheese, Cheddar cheese, or Jack cheese as desired.
- Editor's Note:
- Use caution when unwrapping the burritos as they will be very hot. Wear heatproof gloves.
Per Serving: 820 calories; 37.5 59.1 59.1 143 1620 Full nutrition