Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 13 m servings 470
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Set oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source and preheat the oven's broiler. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil; arrange chile peppers cut-side down on top.
- Roast under the preheated broiler until the skin of the peppers has blackened and blistered, 5 to 8 minutes.
- Place blackened peppers into a bowl and seal tightly with plastic wrap. Allow peppers to steam as they cool, about 20 minutes. Remove and discard skins. Chop flesh.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add sausage and bacon; cook and stir until browned, 5 to 8 minutes. Drain excess grease. Add onion; cook and stir until golden, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Pour water into the skillet; bring to a boil. Add rice. Reduce heat; simmer until water is absorbed and rice is tender, 15 to 20 minutes. Fluff with a fork. Fold in chopped peppers before serving.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- You can sprinkle cheese on top before serving if desired. I didn't want to lose the roasted hatch chile flavor with the addition of the cheese, so I left it out.
Per Serving: 470 calories; 21.4 48.2 20 57 969 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
I made this recipe as written and did not like it. After adding Lawry's Seasoned Salt, fresh cracked pepper and garlic powder, I found that it still needed something else to improve the taste. ...