Ingredients2 h servings 416 cals
- Boil russet potatoes until tender (about 35 minutes): start with cold water, bring to a boil, and then reduce heat to maintain boil for 30-35 minutes. Cool and then peel.
- Mill potatoes in food mill while mixing in flour, salt, and egg. Ingredients can also be mixed together on a pastry board or in a bowl.
- Knead gently for about 4 minutes until ball is dry to touch. It may be sticky; apply additional flour to the dough as needed.
- Roll ropes out at 3/4" to 1" thickness. Chop into 1-inch rectangles.
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Boil gnocchi in 3-4 batches and cook until they float (1-2 minutes).
- Once floating, remove with a slotted spoon and shock them in a bath of ice water.
- Sautee shallots and garlic in 1 tablespoon of butter in a pan until translucent. Remove with a slotted spoon and reserve.
- Saute the gnocchi in the pan with remaining butter until they're golden brown.
- Stir in reserved shallots, garlic, pesto and seasoned cooked seasonal vegetables.
- Portion into 4-6 bowls and top with a fried egg. Lightly season with salt and pepper.
Per Serving: 416 calories; 17.3 g fat; 52.7 g carbohydrates; 13.3 g protein; 159 mg cholesterol; 373 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
Shockingly easy. I made with sautéed sugar snap peas, red peppers, cherry tomatoes, and spicy sausage. Froze the excess gnocchi.
I have always made gnocchi by baking the potatoes first. I'd remove them from the oven and immediately cut in half lengthwise to allow the steam to escape. When ready to handle, I'd then scoop o...