Ingredients30 m servings 386
- Place the potatoes in a bowl; toss with the salt and pepper until the potatoes are well coated. Heat the oil in a heavy oven-safe skillet and drop in the potatoes carefully, a few at a time.
- Flip potatoes several times with tongs during cooking to ensure even browning.
- About halfway through cooking, add the onion and mix while cooking. When they're done, the potatoes should be crispy. Sprinkle on the rosemary leaves. Spoon out unwanted oil, if you wish.
- While potatoes are cooking, in a nonstick pan, saute the Italian sausage over medium-high heat for a few minutes, or until it is no longer pink.
- Add the sausage to the potatoes and onion. Mix it very well and break eggs (sunny side up) into the pan; add few dashes of salt to season eggs. Try to go in between the potatoes, allowing the egg whites to go all around and under potatoes and sausage; try not to break egg yolks. Once the egg whites are getting almost cooked, turn on the broiler to high, and set a baking rack in the middle of the oven.
- Place the pan under the broiler and let it cook for a minute or two, just so the egg whites are completely cooked; the yolks may be still a little runny/soft. If you do not like runny/soft eggs just let them cook under broiler longer. Sprinkle chopped chives or scallions on at the end and dig in!
Per Serving: 386 calories; 26.3 21.5 16.3 264 762 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 11
Made as written except I chose to slice my potatoes so that they would be easier to eat and also so that they would get nice and brown on all sides. This was super simple, quick, and bursting wi...
If there is anything I am a sucker for, it's potatoes and eggs. I really liked this recipe. The Italian sausage was a nice touch to this skillet breakfast. I kept the eggs in the broiler a littl...
Delicious! I lightened it up a tad by making my own turkey italian sausage and it was great (adapted a recipe from this site). I cooked this in a cast iron skillet and the eggs, although cooked ...
Thanks for a tasty recipe that doesn't require a pound of cheese!
I usually shy away from cooking breakfast recipes with potatoes because I never get them right, but this recipe turned out great! I added half a diced red and green peppers just because. The tex...
Delicious. Easy to make. I just substituted canadian bacon for the sausage.
I used what I had... 3 russet potatoes, 6oz italian sausage, 1/4 onion, 1/2 green and 1/2 orange bell pepper, fresh rosemary, canola oil, 5 eggs, salt and pepper. I followed the directions accor...