Ingredients42 m servings 237
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk whole wheat flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in a large bowl. Cut in butter with a pastry blender until coarse crumbs form. Stir in cranberries and pecans. Mix in skim milk until dough comes together and is the consistency of cookie dough.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Pat into a 1-inch thick round. Cut into 8 wedges with a greased knife. Arrange 2 inches apart on the baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, 12 to 15 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool, about 15 minutes.
- Cook's Notes:
- Substitute margarine for the butter if preferred.
- Dough can be made in a food processor if preferred.
- Sprinkle more brown sugar over wedges before baking if desired.
Per Serving: 237 calories; 8.2 39.3 4.2 8 516 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
Delicious! I could not find whole wheat pastry flour, so I searched the web and found to substitute 1/2 whole wheat flour and 1/2 cake flour, which worked out perfectly! I cut mine out into hear...
Yum! Nice and crusty on the outside. I made mine lemon-cran instead of pecan-cran, and sprinkled some coarse sugar on top.