Ingredients40 m servings 117 cals
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine 3/4 cup milk and vinegar in a bowl; let stand until milk is curdled, about 5 minutes.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and nutmeg in a large bowl; cut in butter with a pastry blender. Smooth remaining butter clumps with hands; stir in milk mixture, cranberries, and pecans. Knead until dough comes together in a ball.
- Place dough onto a floured work surface. Roll out with a rolling pin to 3/4-inch thickness. Cut into long, 2-inch wide strips with a sharp knife; cut strips into triangles. Transfer to the baking sheet. Brush tops with egg white.
- Bake in the preheated oven until tops are golden brown, about 15 minutes.
- Combine confectioners' sugar and 2 tablespoons milk in a small bowl; mix until combined. Drizzle over scones.
Per Serving: 117 calories; 4.6 g fat; 18.3 g carbohydrates; 1.4 g protein; 9 mg cholesterol; 119 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
Great scone recipe, hubby and I went back for seconds. I used frozen cranberries instead of dried, walnuts instead of pecans as I had none, pastry flour as I am trying to use it up, and almond ...
I added cinnamon and used brown sugar instead of white. I also added flaxseed, ground up, in place of 1/2 c flour. Delicious!