Baked Mexican Chips on a Stick
"Forget about ripping open a bag of potato chips and make your own healthier baked potato chips on a stick. These chips have a subtle Mexican flavor, but get creative and use different seasonings that you like. Once you get used to threading the potato spirals onto skewers, these are not only fun, but easy!"
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients32 m servings 59
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and grease with cooking spray.
- Slice each potato into long spirals using a spiralizer fitted with the straight-flat blade. Cut each spiral into 3 shorter pieces.
- Thread a skewer through the middle of each potato spiral. Gently push down to fan out spiral.
- Set skewers on the prepared baking sheet; spray generously with cooking spray. Sprinkle taco seasoning on top.
- Roast in the preheated oven until browned and crisp, 17 to 18 minutes. Season with sriracha sauce and sea salt.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Small to medium-size potatoes will stand upright better than large potatoes, so if you use small, increase the number of potatoes to 4.
- Use packaged taco seasoning or make your own; there are a number of quick taco seasoning recipes on this site which call for ingredients that you most likely have in your pantry.
- There are many brands of spiralizers; the straight-flat blade referred to in this recipe is from this Paderno® brand.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 59 calories; 0.1 13.3 1.4 0 206 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1