Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 23 m servings 333
Original recipe yields 4 servings (4 slices)
- Place cranberries in a small bowl. Cover with boiling water. Let soak until plump, about 15 minutes. Drain.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a baking sheet lightly with cooking spray.
- Cut a deep vertical slice into both sides of each apple, being sure not to cut through to the core. Attach 1 apple to a spiralizer fitted with the straight-flat blade and cut into thin half-slices. Repeat with second apple.
- Combine cranberries, apple slices, lemon juice, and vanilla extract in a bowl; toss to coat.
- Mix white sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt together in a bowl. Stir into the apple mixture.
- Roll pie crust out into a 10-inch round on a floured work surface. Transfer to the baking sheet.
- Spoon apple mixture into the center of the crust, leaving a 2-inch border. Lift up edges of crust and fold around apple mixture. Brush edges with egg white. Sprinkle turbinado sugar all over tart.
- Bake in the preheated oven until apples are tender and crust is golden brown, 38 to 40 minutes. Transfer to a serving plate and slice.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- There are many brands of spiralizers; the straight-flat blade referred to in this recipe is from the Paderno® brand.
Per Serving: 333 calories; 15.1 47 3.9 0 395 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
I swapped out lemon juice, & used Bragg’s apple cider vinegar instead - I also used EIGHT large Granniesto make 2 rustic tarts, I don’t think “2 apples” is anywhere near sufficient to fill a 9...