made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients20 m servings 164 cals
Original recipe yields 4 servings (8 small latkes)
- Make a deep vertical cut on each side of the potato and apple.
- Attach potato to a spiralizer fitted with the small shredded blade and cut into thin shreds. Repeat with apple. Spread shredded potato and apple on several layers of paper towels; squeeze to release as much moisture as possible. Transfer to a bowl.
- Mix egg, flour, maple syrup, salt, and nutmeg into the bowl.
- Heat vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat. Spoon 2 tablespoons of the potato mixture into the skillet; flatten slightly with a spatula. Cook until golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Drain on a plate lined with paper towels. Repeat with remaining mixture, adding more oil if needed.
- Cook's Notes:
- There are many brands of spiralizers; the small shredder blade referred to in this recipe is from the Paderno® brand.
- Use liquid egg substitute (such as Egg Beaters®) if desired.
- A 2-tablespoon cookie scoop works great for step 4.
Per Serving: 164 calories; 8.3 g fat; 19.9 g carbohydrates; 3.4 g protein; 46 mg cholesterol; 241 mg sodium. Full nutrition