Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 35 m servings 70
Original recipe yields 24 servings (48 appetizers)
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Line 11 x 17-inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- Bring water to boil in medium saucepan over high heat. Add rice. Reduce to simmer. Cover and cook 25 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Let stand covered, 10 minutes. Fluff with fork.
- Cut each pepper in half, from stem to tip. Remove any pith or seeds.
- Brown sausage in large skillet over medium-high heat. Drain fat, if necessary. Add onion and garlic. Cook until fragrant. Stir in rice, marinara sauce, Italian Seasoning and salt. Cook 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in 1/2 cup cheese and basil.
- Fill each pepper with sausage mixture. Place on prepared baking sheet. Bake 10 minutes or until heated through and peppers are still crisp. Top with remaining cheese. Bake until cheese is melted, about 3 minutes.
You might also like
Per Serving: 70 calories; 3.9 5 3.6 11 191 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
This recipe is delicious! We ate what didn't fit in the peppers just as it was. This will be on our menu often.