Emily's Chocolate Coconut Brownies
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 10 m servings 314 cals
Original recipe yields 20 servings (20 brownies)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x13-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- Combine canola oil and 1/2 cup chocolate chips in a saucepan over very low heat; stir until melted, about 5 minutes. Let cool, about 5 minutes.
- Beat sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract in a large bowl until blended. Fold in melted chocolate mixture. Sift in flour, baking powder, and salt; mix until well combined. Fold 1 1/2 cup shredded coconut and chocolate chips into the batter.
- Spread batter in the prepared baking pan. Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup shredded coconut on top.
- Bake in the preheated oven until edges pull away from the sides of the pan, 35 to 40 minutes. Cool before cutting into squares, about 15 minutes.
- Cook's Note:
- Substitute vegetable oil for the canola oil if desired.
Per Serving: 314 calories; 18.1 g fat; 37.9 g carbohydrates; 2.8 g protein; 37 mg cholesterol; 177 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
I followed the recipe as written and I didn't think they tasted anything like a Mounds Bar or even reminiscent to one. They were a bit chewy, a bit on the dry side. Just didn't care for them.