Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 36 m servings 267
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray an 8-inch square pan with cooking spray.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add ground turkey, onion, and garlic; cook and stir until turkey is browned, 5 to 10 minutes. Stir in diced tomatoes and tomato paste. Add sweet potatoes; cook and stir until slightly softened, about 5 minutes.
- Combine eggplant, 1/2 teaspoon tarragon flakes, salt, pepper, chili powder, cumin, oregano, and cardamom in a bowl; toss until eggplant is coated.
- Layer coated eggplant on the bottom of the prepared pan; top with turkey mixture.
- Bake casserole in the preheated oven until sweet potatoes are lightly browned, about 15 minutes.
- Heat a saucepan over high heat. Add olive oil, almond flour, and coconut flour; cook and stir until mixture thickens, about 1 minute. Reduce heat to medium-high. Whisk in almond milk slowly until combined. Cook, continuing to whisk, until sauce is reduced by half, about 10 minutes.
- Remove casserole from the oven; cover with sauce.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the top of the casserole has browned, 40 to 45 minutes. Top with remaining 1/2 teaspoon tarragon. Slice into 6 pieces with a sharp knife.
- Cook's Note:
- Zucchini can be substituted for the eggplant if desired. Any milk can be substituted for the almond milk.
- Editor's Note:
- Use a spiralizer or a vegetable peeler to cut sweet potato into noodle shapes.
Per Serving: 267 calories; 10.6 25.5 19.4 56 697 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1