Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients40 m servings 181 cals
Original recipe yields 36 servings (3 dozen)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Mix almond butter, brown sugar, shortening, and margarine together in a bowl until creamy. Stir in mashed banana.
- Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a bowl. Stir into almond butter mixture. Stir in water if dough appears too thick. Fold in dark chocolate.
- Pour white sugar onto a shallow dish. Form dough into 1-inch balls and roll in sugar. Arrange 2 inches apart on baking sheets; flatten with a fork. Top each cookie with an almond.
- Bake in the preheated oven until lightly browned, about 10 minutes. Cool on the baking sheets for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Cook's Note:
- To blanch almonds: Place almonds in boiling water for 30 seconds, then remove with a slotted spoon and squeeze them out of their skins.
Per Serving: 181 calories; 11 g fat; 19.3 g carbohydrates; 2.4 g protein; < 1 mg cholesterol; 148 mg sodium. Full nutrition