Ingredients1 h 55 m servings 233
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add apples; toss until coated with butter. Stir in brown sugar, white sugar, lemon juice, 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract, salt, nutmeg, allspice, and cloves; cook and stir until apples have softened and sugars have melted, about 5 minutes. Bring to a boil.
- Combine water and cornstarch in a bowl. Stir cornstarch mixture into the apple mixture; cook and stir until apple mixture is thickened, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat; cool completely, about 20 minutes.
- Roll out 1 sheet of pie crust on a work surface with a rolling pin; cover with half of the cooled apple mixture. Roll out a second sheet of pie crust with a rolling pin; slice into 1/2-inch wide strips with a sharp knife. Weave pie crust strips together over apple mixture to create a lattice top.
- Flour a round cookie cutter or drinking glass. Press cookie cutter through dough to create 12 round pies. Transfer to a baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until crust is cooked through a golden brown, about 20 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool, about 10 minutes.
- Repeat with remaining pie crusts and apple mixture; place on a second baking sheet. Bake in the oven until crust is cooked through a golden brown, about 20 minutes.
- Combine confectioners' sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon in a mixing bowl; add 1 teaspoon vanilla extract. Stir in milk slowly until desired consistency is reached; drizzle over cooled pies.
- Cook's Note:
- The "scraps" from cutting out the cookies can also be baked and drizzled with icing.
Per Serving: 233 calories; 12.9 27.8 2.2 5 210 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
I useed 6 apples, sliced. When apples and sauce were cooked, I removeed apples and cook down the sauce to thicken it. Brush sauce onto the rolled out crust and then completely cover with apples....
Good stuff! I cheated and used pre-made pie filling. They were still yummy. If cutting straight strips is a problem, try using a popsicle stick as a guide.