Zucchini Kuchen (Gorgeous Zucchini Cake)
"This zucchini cake recipe is from my grandmother--she used to pass the zucchini through a meat mincer because they had no food processor. The zucchini cake keeps well wrapped in aluminum foil in the refrigerator and can also be frozen."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 50 m servings 853 cals
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a large loaf pan with butter.
- Stir zucchini, sugar, 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil, eggs, and vanilla extract together in a bowl.
- Combine flour, walnuts, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt in a bowl. Gradually stir flour mixture into zucchini mixture until combined. Pour batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake in preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 60 to 80 minutes. Let cool in the pan, about 30 minutes. Dust with confectioners' sugar.
- Cook's Notes:
- Cooking oil can be substituted for the margarine if desired.
- Any variety of nut can be substituted for walnuts.
Per Serving: 853 calories; 44.1 g fat; 105.5 g carbohydrates; 13.6 g protein; 71 mg cholesterol; 451 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1