Japanese Spicy Spare Ribs
made it | 0 reviews |
"Tender pork ribs are oven-grilled, then stir-fried in a sticky, sweet and sour spicy sauce. This serves 2 for a main course or 6 for a starter."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients46 m servings 256 cals
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Set oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source and preheat the oven's broiler. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil; set a baking rack on top.
- Rub salt and pepper over the pork ribs; place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Cook in the preheated oven, flipping once, until meat pulls away easily from the bone, 7 to 10 minutes per side. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read 145 degrees F (63 degrees C).
- Heat oil in a large skillet or wok over medium heat. Add celery, ginger, and garlic; cook and stir until fragrant, 2 to 3 minutes. Reduce heat to low. Mix in soy sauce, chile pepper, sake, tomato puree, sugar, balsamic vinegar, and salt; stir until sauce is combined. Remove from heat.
- Toss pork ribs in sauce until coated.
- Cook's Notes:
- Black vinegar can be substituted for the balsamic vinegar if desired.
- You can bake the ribs on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil, for 20 minutes, flipping halfway, at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read 145 degrees F (63 degrees C).
Per Serving: 256 calories; 18.5 g fat; 5.8 g carbohydrates; 15.3 g protein; 60 mg cholesterol; 593 mg sodium. Full nutrition