Aubergine Quiche (Eggplant Quiche)
0 made it | 0 reviews |
"This is a delicious pastry-less eggplant quiche. You can leave out the ham if you prefer a vegetarian quiche. If the flipping doesn't go well, don't worry--it'll taste great cut straight from the baking tin. Serve lukewarm or at room temperature."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 10 m servings 334
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Place eggplant on paper towels; cover with coarse salt. Let sit until moisture is drawn out, about 1 hour. Rinse with cold water; dry thoroughly with paper towels.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9-inch round cake pan with cooking spray.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add eggplant; cook and stir until eggplant is tender and lightly brown, about 5 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
- Cover the bottom of the prepared baking pan with half of the eggplant; layer on ham, mozzarella cheese, and basil. Top with remaining eggplant.
- Whisk eggs, Parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper together in a bowl; pour over the top eggplant layer.
- Bake in the preheated oven until eggs are set and top is golden, about 30 minutes. Cool slightly, about 10 minutes. Flip the pan onto a plate to remove the quiche.
- Editor's Note:
- Nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of salt. The actual amount of salt consumed will vary.
Per Serving: 334 calories; 20.3 17 23.2 141 1547 Full nutrition