Ingredients55 m servings 743 cals
- Bring chicken stock to a simmer in a saucepan and keep warm.
- Place oil in a separate (large) saucepan. Add onion and saute for 2 minutes until fragrant.
- Pour in rice and stir so that all grains of rice are coated. Add broth (1 cup at a time) and stir until liquid has been absorbed. After all broth has been absorbed, stir in coconut milk.
- Drain the Bruce's(R) Yams Cut Sweet Potatoes, reserving 1/4 cup syrup. Add syrup to rice and cook until rice starts to become light and creamy.
- Stir in sweet potatoes (chunks will break down), cider vinegar, parsley, salt, and pepper. When incorporated, remove from heat and stir in butter (optional).
- Transfer to a serving dish and sprinkle with freshly grated lime zest.
Per Serving: 743 calories; 19.6 g fat; 128.8 g carbohydrates; 9.7 g protein; 22 mg cholesterol; 1504 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
I actually didn't think it looked all that appetizing while making it, but it has a nice rich flavor, offset by the sweetness of the yams, and adding the lime zest at the end is a nice tangy tou...
I love risotto so I am always on the lookout for new recipes. The yams were a great add. This recipe does make a lot!!
Everyone really liked this dish, and it was very easy to make. Will make this one again!
as is. I'd perhaps add a bit more broth but even my husband who doesn't like risotto thought it was pretty good. ill make it again.