Ingredients50 m servings 354
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place Bruce's(R) Yams Cut Sweet Potatoes in a bowl and cut into slightly smaller pieces.
- Drain the peaches (reserving 4-5 slices for the top of the casserole) and add to the yams along with 1/2 cup peach juice, ground ginger, salt and pepper; stir to mix.
- Transfer to a 2 quart baking dish; set aside.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the brown sugar and pecans.
- Sprinkle over top of casserole and place reserved peach slices in a line down the center.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until hot and bubbly.
- 2 tablespoons minced candied (crystallized) ginger can be added to the brown sugar-pecan mixture if desired.
Per Serving: 354 calories; 4.8 75.6 1.2 0 269 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 8
Very good. Husband loved it. I only used 1/4 cup of peach juice as that was what I drained from the peaches. There was more than enough moisture. Also, rather than mix brown sugar and pecans...
Very good and easy. The yams and peaches are very complementary in flavor. Will make again.
I liked this recipe very much, a nice change from regular candied sweet potatoes. I used fresh sweet potatoes (in place of canned) and walnuts in place of pecans.
I enjoyed this. Very easy and quick to make. I will make this again.
This was good. It has a nice fresh taste. The problem was I made it for Thanksgiving and it missed the mark on the home/comfort style food that was all around. Maybe on Christmas next year.
I made it except left out nuts as I'm allergic to them. Still turned out great. Will make it again.