Ingredients50 m servings 354 cals
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place Bruce's(R) Yams Cut Sweet Potatoes in a bowl and cut into slightly smaller pieces.
- Drain the peaches (reserving 4-5 slices for the top of the casserole) and add to the yams along with 1/2 cup peach juice, ground ginger, salt and pepper; stir to mix.
- Transfer to a 2 quart baking dish; set aside.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the brown sugar and pecans.
- Sprinkle over top of casserole and place reserved peach slices in a line down the center.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until hot and bubbly.
- 2 tablespoons minced candied (crystallized) ginger can be added to the brown sugar-pecan mixture if desired.
Per Serving: 354 calories; 4.8 g fat; 75.6 g carbohydrates; 1.2 g protein; 0 mg cholesterol; 269 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 6
Very good and easy. The yams and peaches are very complementary in flavor. Will make again.
Very good. Husband loved it. I only used 1/4 cup of peach juice as that was what I drained from the peaches. There was more than enough moisture. Also, rather than mix brown sugar and pecans...
I liked this recipe very much, a nice change from regular candied sweet potatoes. I used fresh sweet potatoes (in place of canned) and walnuts in place of pecans.
This was good. It has a nice fresh taste. The problem was I made it for Thanksgiving and it missed the mark on the home/comfort style food that was all around. Maybe on Christmas next year.