Ingredients2 h 49 m servings 922 cals
- Place mayonnaise, ketchup, creme fraiche, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, cider vinegar, brown sugar, paprika, salt, cayenne pepper, Worcestershire sauce, green onion, and parsley in a bowl. Whisk together until ingredients are well combined. Cover and refrigerate until thoroughly chilled, 2 to 3 hours.
- Drizzle olive oil and juice from half a lemon over the shrimp just before grilling. Sprinkle with salt and smoked paprika. Gently but thoroughly toss until shrimp are coated.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Grill over hot coals until shrimp are pink and flesh is opaque, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer to a dish and refrigerate until shrimp are chilled, about 30 minutes. You can remove shrimp tails or leave them on.
- Divide romaine lettuce among serving bowls. Arrange cherry tomatoes, avocado slices, and egg halves on top. Season with salt and pepper. Ladle on about 1/4 cup to 1/2 cup dressing on the vegetables, and top with the shrimp and sliced green onions. Drizzle additional dressing over the shrimp, if desired.
- Cook's Notes:
- If you do grill the shrimp, don't toss them with the oil and lemon juice until just before you grill them.
- You don't need to leave the tails on the shrimp, but I think they impart a richer flavor to grilled shrimp.
- The amount of dressing is more than you'll need for this salad, but it's great on other salads too!
- Check out this method for Soft Hard-Boiled Eggs--they're perfect for salads.
Per Serving: 922 calories; 69.7 g fat; 21.2 g carbohydrates; 56.1 g protein; 598 mg cholesterol; 1558 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 10
This was nice, but I found the dressing to be a little thick.
Followed the recipe pretty closely. Had to broil the shrimp because of weather. Made half as much dressing as called for, and it was plenty. Added more veggies to the salad. Served with crac...
This recipe is KILLER! I made it just as written and would not change a thing. We have had it twice in 4 nights.......that should say it all!
Loved this salad. Great summertime meal. I didn't change anything and it was great. I will make it again.
made a lot of dressing (could cut back)...tasted like thousand island. good
I have made this twice. I made no changes to this recipe. My husband love it. The leftover dressing is also delightful on a grilled hamburger or green salad.
Once again Chef John has graced us with a restaurant quality recipe! I didn't change a thing. My husband took one bite and asked me to make this again, often!