Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 5 m servings 319 cals
Original recipe yields 16 servings (16 pie bars)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a 9x13-inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- Combine flour, 1 cup butter, 3/4 cup white sugar, egg, baking powder, and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a food processor; pulse until crumbled and easily formed into dough when pinched. Pour 3/4 of the dough into the prepared pan; press down with your hands until crust is even and well packed.
- Melt 3 tablespoons butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add apples, brown sugar, 1/2 cup white sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt; cook and stir until apples are softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in cornstarch; mix, adding more cornstarch if needed, until liquids are thickened.
- Pour apple mixture onto crust; smooth with a spatula until even. Crumble remaining dough on top.
- Bake in the preheated oven until crumbles on top are lightly brown, 30 to 40 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes; cut into bars.
- Cook's Note:
- If you don't have a food processor, you could use a hand beater to combine the crust ingredients.
Per Serving: 319 calories; 14.2 g fat; 46.4 g carbohydrates; 3.1 g protein; 48 mg cholesterol; 122 mg sodium. Full nutrition