Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 4 m servings 503 cals
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Place acorn squash cut-side down on a large microwave-safe plate. Cook in the microwave until very soft, about 15 minutes. Let cool until easily handled, about 5 minutes.
- Peel squash, discarding skin. Combine squash flesh, olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic, and rosemary in a bowl; mash to combine.
- Pour vegetable broth into a saucepan; bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large pot over medium heat. Add onion; cook and stir until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in rice until coated with butter. Pour in wine, stirring until reduced, about 3 minutes.
- Ladle 1/3 of the vegetable broth into the pot; cook and stir until absorbed. Repeat this process twice more, stirring constantly, until rice is tender, 15 to 20 minutes. Season with salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning.
- Stir fontina cheese and Parmesan cheese into the rice until melted. Add mashed squash and remaining 2 tablespoons butter; stir until butter is melted and squash is heated through, 2 to 4 minutes.
Per Serving: 503 calories; 19.5 g fat; 67.2 g carbohydrates; 10.2 g protein; 44 mg cholesterol; 672 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1