Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 20 m servings 442 cals
Original recipe yields 2 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spread almonds on a baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until toasted, about 5 minutes.
- Brush acorn squash with walnut oil and sprinkle with pepper. Place cut-side down in a baking pan. Pour in 1/4 cup water.
- Bake squash in the preheated oven until mostly tender, about 30 minutes. Drain water and turn squash over. Cut a shallow X into the flesh of each half.
- Mix toasted almonds, spinach, ricotta cheese, brown rice, 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, nutmeg, and sage together in a bowl. Stir in half-and-half gently until filling is moist but still dry enough to hold its shape. Season with salt and pepper.
- Stuff squash halves with filling, pressing gently until topped by 1 inch. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper on top.
- Bake until golden brown on top, about 20 minutes.
- Cook's Notes:
- Substitute your favorite oil for the walnut oil if desired.
- Substitute 1/2 box frozen chopped spinach for the fresh if desired.
- Substitute cream for the half-and-half if desired.
Per Serving: 442 calories; 21.1 g fat; 53.1 g carbohydrates; 14.3 g protein; 24 mg cholesterol; 364 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
This is wonderful! I didn’t have quinoa so I used couscous, next time I won’t use the entire box so there is more of the veggie mixture in it. I also used one acorn squash that I partially peel...